“Read some good, heavy, serious books.”--W.E.B. Du Bois
Escuela del Sol values reading as a crucial tool for life-long learning. There is enjoyment to be derived from discussion, critical thinking and analyzation of various texts, as well as the opportunity to read a variety of genres and authors. Keeping this in mind I have selected a variety of titles that will captivate, inspire and transport you this summer. Enjoy!
Students should choose three titles from the list below that they will read over the summer. Books need to be read before the start of school on August 14. Please put the student's name in the comment field when checking out and choose "in store pickup."
Students can purchase books at the Book Fair, May 22-24. Please contact curriculum architect and program coordinator, Tanesia R. Hale-Jones, at email@example.com with any questions.
- Matched by Ally Condie
- Delirium by Lauren Oliver
- The Maze Runner by James Dashner
- Ender’s Game by Orson Scott Card
- The Story of Owen by E.K. Johnston
- Tangerine by Edward Bloor
- The Book Thief by Marcus Zusack
- Brown Girl Dreaming by Jacqueline Woodson
- Drums, Girls, and Dangerous Pie by Jordan Sonnenblick