Introducing Kobo, Our New eReading Partner
10 million book lovers around the world have embraced Kobo eReading.
Just like us, Kobo is passionate about books.
Find out why:
Kobo eReading Catalog
Kobo has a world-class eReading catalog with over 3 million eBook titles. When you create an account with Kobo through our web page you can shop for books just like you would in our store.
Kobo Free eReading Apps
Kobo is all about being open so you can read however you want. Once you download their free app to you smartphone, desktop, or tablet, your eBooks, PDFs, ePubs, and even your bookmarks, are in sync – start on one device and pick up on another and never lose your place. Set up your Kobo account through our link so that when you purchase eBooks you are supporting this store.
Kobo Ease of Use and Customer Care
The Kobo experience is flexible, easy, and enjoyable. Pick up great indie-recommended and bestseller eBook titles, as well as staff picks.
Kobo offers first-rate Reader support from 8:00 a.m. to midnight (ET) every day.
A Kobo eReader for everyone
Kobo has released a line of new eReading devices, including Kobo Mini and Kobo Glo. These devices offer everything you already love about reading, like a no-glare E Ink screen that displays like print on paper. But with a Kobo eReader you get way more convenience like storage – both Kobo Mini and Kobo Glo can store up to 1,000 eBooks, and the ease and accessibility of downloading over built in WiFi.
Once you’ve set up a Kobo account through our link, with each Kobo eBook you purchase, you are supporting this store.
Kobo Mini- the world’s smallest full-featured eReader! Just $79.99
- Portability – Kobo Mini is the world’s smallest, lightest, full-featured*eReader – it easily fits in your pocket or purse (or stocking – hint hint!).
- Stylish – Sleek design you can personalize with fashionable and interchangeable Kobo Snapbacks in teal, ruby red, and purple.
- Wallet-Friendly – Priced at just $79.99, it’s the smallest eReader they offer with all the same great service.
- Kobo Picks – Combined eBook recommendations based on eReading habits and feedback on preferences.
Kobo Glo! Well-priced at $129.99
- ComfortLight – Kobo’s innovative front lit display directs light at the page. No more tired eyes!
- High Resolution Screen – The XGA screen puts “more ink on the page” with 210 pixels per inch for crisper text.
- Faster CPU – With a 1 GHz processor, the Kobo Glo is faster and smarter.
- Customizable Options – Choose from 7 font styles and 24 font sizes as well as exclusive weight and sharpness settings.
- Fashion Forward - Kobo Glo comes in four fresh colour options: Black Night, Pink Sunset, Blue Moon, and Silver Star.
CAN I READ BOOKS FROM THE ALBUQUERQUE-BERNALILLO COUNTY LIBRARIES ON MY KOBO?
YES! Kobo e-readers have native support for both .epub file formats and for Adobe Digital Editions files, which are utilized by ABC Libraries for their loaned e-books. Please note that book publishers, not the library, Bookworks, or Kobo, control which books are made available for e-lending through local libraries. We cannot assist you with the mechanics of borrowing books from ABC Libraries; you will need to seek out customer-service assistance from either Kobo or ABC Libraries. For more information and instructions on how to borrow e-books from ABC Libraries, please read the pages at this link.
How Do I Get Started Buying eBooks?
It's as easy as One, Two, Three:
1. Set up your Kobo account at Kobo.com via your Kobo Mini or Glo eReader, or through this link
2. Login to kobo.com with your new account to browse, search for, and buy eBooks.
3. Start reading! Download the free Kobo reading app here to read on your smartphone, computer, or tablet. (You can also purchase eBooks through the app. Sign into the app with your new Kobo account and continue to support this store. We sure do appreciate it!)
Questions? Contact the Kobo Help Line directly at firstname.lastname@example.org, or 855-202-4098 (8am - 12am EST)
Q: How many eBooks are in the Kobo database? And how many titles are available for purchase in the US?
A: Kobo's entire library is available to all customers. They currently have over 3 million eBooks and are constantly updating their library and adding new releases. Newspapers and magazines are also available for purchase in the Kobo Store.
Q: Are foreign languages like German and Russian supported on the devices?
A: Foreign languages are supported on the Kobo Glo. As of October 2012, the interface can be set to English, French, German, Spanish, Dutch, Japanese, Portuguese (Brazilian and Portugal) and Italian.
Q: What if I already own an earlier generation Kobo eReader? Can I shop for eBooks through your store?
A: Yes. You will need to establish a new Kobo account by following the link to Kobo on our website. Then, when you next use your device, sign out of the old account and sign in using the new account name. You can then search and buy eBooks either through the device or through the web, and continue your much-appreciated support this store.
Q: What about the Google eBooks already in my library on my device?
A: You will continue to be able to access them via your Google account. However, the IndieBound Reader app was designed specifically to interface with Google eBooks and will no longer be supported after January 2013. If desired, you can load your Google eBooks to a new Kobo device using Adobe Digital Editions. Please watch this video for more information on loading your Google eBooks onto a Kobo device.
Q: Does Kobo allowing sharing of books between Kobo devices, like Kindle and Nook do?
A: At this time it is not possible for a Kobo customer to lend or share eBooks from their library with another person. The eBooks in your Kobo library are tied directly to your account and password.
Q: Once purchased, if a book is DRM protected, is there a limit to the number of downloads?
A: If a file is DRM protected it may be downloaded 6 times in total. This restriction is set forth by the publisher and is the same for all DRM files.
PLEASE NOTE: In order to support this bookstore and before shopping at the Kobo store, please set up your Kobo account either through a device purchased at our store or via the links from our website, or use this link.
Kobo eReader User Guides May be Found Here: http://www.kobo.com/userguides