Bookworks KIDS is pleased to host a virtual event with Jon Scieszka & Steven Weinberg on virtual tour for AstroNuts Mission Two: The Water Planet, the second book in the laugh-out-loud series.
Please email any questions to email@example.com. Before signing up, please read our virtual events page for safety and security details.
On their second mission to find another habitable planet, the four mutant animals, LaserShark, AstroWolf, SmartHawk, and StinkBug, splash land on the Water Planet, run by some suspiciously friendly clams, who are very eager to swap planets--and if the AstroNuts can stop arguing among themselves they may find out why before it is too late.
Jon Scieszka is best known for his bestselling picture books, including The True Story of the Three Little Pigs! and The Stinky Cheese Man. He is also the founder of guysread.com and a champion force behind guyslisten.com, and was the first National Ambassador of Young People's Literature. He lives in Brooklyn.
Steven Weinberg writes and illustrates kids' books about dinosaurs, roller coasters, beards, and chainsaws. He lives in the Catskills in New York.
MORE ABOUT THE BOOK:
The book follows a new mission, where AstroWolf, LaserShark, SmartHawk, and StinkBug must find a planet fit for human life after we've finally made Earth unlivable.
After they splash-land on the Water Planet, they find power-hungry clams, a rebellious underwater force, and a world full of too-good-to-be-true. Can this aquatic world really be humans' new home? And why are these clams so eager to swap planets?
- Features full-color illustrations and an out-of-this-world book jacket
- A can't-put-it-down page-turner for reluctant readers
- Complete with how-to-draw pages in the back
AstroNuts Mission Two is full of laugh-out loud humor with a thoughtful commentary on the reality of climate change at the core of the story.
Eager and reluctant readers alike ages 8 to 12 years old will be over the moon about this visually groundbreaking read.
- Creatively illustrated, full-color action-packed space saga
- Perfect for fans of Dog Man, Big Nate, Wimpy Kid, and Captain Underpants
- Great gift for parents, grandparents, teachers, librarians, and educators who are looking to introduce STEM and environmental topics to children
- Add it the the shelf with books like The Bad Guys in Superbad by Aaron Blabey, The 104-Story Treehouse: Dental Dramas & Jokes Galore! by Andy Griffiths, and The Stinky Cheese Man and Other Fairly Stupid Tales by Jon Scieszka.