DK Eyewitness Poland (Travel Guide) (Paperback)
Whether exploring the liveliness of its big cities or taking in the natural beauty of its idyllic lakes, beaches, and mountains, you will experience the culture of Polish hospitality and community values of this land that is deeply rooted in tradition and history.
Discover DK Eyewitness Travel Guide: Poland.
With hundreds of full-color photographs, hand-drawn illustrations, and custom maps that illuminate every page, DK Eyewitness Travel Guide: Poland truly shows you what others only tell you.
Poland is as famed for enchanting Kraków, with its cobbled streets and opulent palaces, as it is for edgy Warsaw, home to high-tech museums and neon-lit bars. But beyond this tale of two cities, there’s so much more to discover. Encounter medieval towns, artsy cities and some of Europe’s most spectacular landscapes, including wildlife-filled forests, expansive lakes and white-sand Baltic beaches.
Our updated 2023 guide brings Poland to life, transporting you there like no other travel guide does with expert-led insights, trusted travel advice, detailed breakdowns of all the must-see sights, photographs on practically every page, and our hand-drawn illustrations which place you inside the country’'s iconic buildings and neighborhoods. DK Eyewitness Poland is your ticket to the trip of a lifetime.
Inside DK Eyewitness Poland you will find:
- A fully-illustrated top experiences guide: our expert pick of Poland’s must-sees and hidden gems.
- Accessible itineraries to make the most out of each and every day.
- Expert advice: honest recommendations for getting around safely, when to visit each sight, what to do before you visit, and how to save time and money.
- Color-coded chapters to every part of Poland, from Mazovia to Kraków, Silensia to Gdansk.
- Practical tips: the best places to eat, drink, shop and stay.
- Detailed maps and walks to help you navigate the region country easily and confidently.
- Covers: Mazovia and the Lublin Region Krakow, Małopolska, Wielkopolska, Silesia, Gdańsk Pomerania, Warmia, Mazuria and Podlasie
About DK Eyewitness:
At DK Eyewitness, we believe in the power of discovery. We make it easy for you to explore your dream destinations. DK Eyewitness travel guides have been helping travelers to make the most of their breaks since 1993. Filled with expert advice, striking photography and detailed illustrations, our highly visual DK Eyewitness guides will get you closer to your next adventure. We publish guides to more than 200 destinations, from pocket-sized city guides to comprehensive country guides. Named Top Guidebook Series at the 2020 Wanderlust Reader Travel Awards, we know that wherever you go next, your DK Eyewitness travel guides are the perfect companion.
"Known… for its four-color maps, photos and illustrations, the [DK] Eyewitness Guides are extremely user-friendly for travelers who want their information delivered in a concise, visual way." – Chicago Tribune
"The best option… Color photos, maps, and diagrams bring the place to life." – The Philadelphia Inquirer