2 Corinthians: The Call to Reconciliation (Paperback)
The cost of being Christ's disciples...
Follow Dr. Jeremiah through the book of 2 Corinthians in a chapter-by-chapter study that will help you understand what it meant to the people at the time it was written, and what it means to Christians today.
The apostle Paul founded many churches in the Roman Empire, including one in the prominent city of Corinth. But after personally ministering to them for years, he is saddened to discover that he's being viciously slandered and ridiculed by adversaries who have arrived in the region.
Paul responds by penning a second letter to them, defending not only his authority as an apostle of Christ but also the truth of the gospel he had so painstakingly modelled in their midst. Paul's words reveal the cost of following Christ--and the ultimate rewards that await those who are faithful to Jesus.
Each of this study's twelve lessons is clearly organized to include:
- Getting Started: An opening question to introduce you to the lesson.
- Setting the Stage: A short reflection to explain the context of the study.
- Exploring the Text: The Scripture reading for the lesson with related study questions.
- Reviewing the Story: Questions to help you identify key points in the reading.
- Applying the Message: Questions to help you apply the key ideas to their lives.
- Reflecting on the Meaning: A closing reflection on the key teachings in the lesson.
--ABOUT THE SERIES--
The Jeremiah Bible Study Series captures Dr. David Jeremiah's forty-plus years of commitment in teaching the Word of God. In each study, you'll gain insights into the text, identify key stories and themes, and be challenged to apply the truths you uncover to your life. By the end of each study, you'll come away with a clear and memorable understanding of that Bible book.
Each study also contains a Leader's Guide.