Email or call for price.
Access to History: Germany Divided and Reuinted 1945-91
covers the history of post-war Germany, from its division into east and west in 1949 to its reunification in 1990 and the immediate consequences. The book examines major questions such as:
- Why was Germany divided in 1949?
- To what extent did the FRG and GDR become models of their respective ideological systems?
- Why was there an easing of relations between the two Germanys?
- To what extent was the GDR a totalitarian state?
- Was reunification inevitable and to what extent has it been successful?
Throughout the book, key dates, terms and issues are highlighted, and historical interpretations of key debates are outlined. Summary diagrams are included to consolidate knowledge and understanding of the period, and exam-style questions and tips written by examiners provide the opportunity to develop exam skills.