Usually Ships in 1-5 Days
Innovative Psychotherapy Techniques in Child and AdolescentTherapy, Second Edition.
Therapists who treat children and adolescents are confronted withunique problems that often challenge traditional methods ofintervention. This Second Edition is an indispensable resource, revised and updated to provide therapists with a wide variety ofvaluable treatment and nontraditional intervention techniques, suchas expressive arts, relaxation, deep pressure/touch, confrontational, stress-challenge, nature-oriented, and modelingtherapy. The Second Edition provides important, clinically proventechniques, including:
* Wilderness/Challenge programs for youth
* The use of dance movement therapy with troubled youth
* Musical interaction therapy for autistic children
* Pet therapy
* The video playback technique with children
* Hypnotic techniques for children with anxiety problems
* Touch therapy for infants, children, and adolescents
* Therapeutic use of computers with children
* Biofeedback with children and adolescents
* Programmed distance writing for acting out adolescents
* Guided imagery with children and adolescents
* Bibliotherapy for children and teens
* Focusing as a therapeutic technique with children andadolescents.
These techniques cut across diagnostic categories and theoreticalorientations and can be integrated within all therapeutic styles.