Email or call for price
Out of Print - This Title is Unlikely to be Available.
Written by locals, Fodor's travel guides have been offering expert advice for all tastes and budgets for over 80 years.
California is one of America's most popular vacation destinations--its diversity draws every type of traveler, from foodies to families. Fodor's full-color California guide covers all corners of the state, from the northern coast to Wine Country and from Los Angeles to Yosemite National Park.
Fodor's California includes:
- PULLOUT MAP: A handy take-along map provides added value, giving travelers essential information so they can travel with confidence.
- UP-TO-DATE COVERAGE: Travelers can road trip with ease with a chapter dedicated to California's quintessential drives, now with even more destinations covered. From advice on how many days to stay at each destination to must-see stops along the way, this is an essential trip-planning tool. New hotels and restaurants are also included throughout.
- ILLUSTRATED FEATURES: In-depth features detail popular attractions such as the San Diego Zoo, as well as Cable Cars and Chinatown in San Francisco. A must-have for wine buffs is the Wine Tasting in Napa and Sonoma feature, which suggests a tasting itinerary, teaches the proper wine tasting technique, and describes how grapes are grown, harvested, and pressed.
- INDISPENSABLE TRIP-PLANNING TOOLS: Top Attractions and Top Experiences help readers choose activities based on their interests. For outdoorsy types, dedicated national parks chapters include planning tips and highlights.
- DISCERNING RECOMMENDATIONS: Fodor's California offers savvy advice and recommendations from local writers to help travelers make the most of their visit. Fodor's Choice designates our best picks in every category.
- COVERS: San Francisco, Los Angeles, San Diego, Palm Springs, Yosemite National Park, Big Sur, Napa and Sonoma, Monterey Bay, Lake Tahoe, Mendocino, and more.