Now in its fifth edition, Yachtmaster for Sail and Power is an essential companion for anyone enrolling on the RYA Coastal Skipper/Yachtmaster Offshore course.
Yachtmaster for Sail and Power is a major reference book that has proved invaluable for many sailors. This highly respected and refreshingly practical study guide covers the whole syllabus in detail, all illustrated with color photographs, charts and worked examples throughout.
This manual covers:
· Chartwork--with useful worked examples
· Electronic navigation--how to use the latest technology for safe navigation: radar, electronic chart plotting and GPS
· Pilotage--buoyage fully explained and illustrated
· Communications--the latest information on maritime communications including GMDSS
· Weather--the elements of meteorology, weather sources and forecasts
· Safety and survival--new SOLAS regulations
· Stability and buoyancy--principles simply explained
Including the latest updates, new artwork and a modern, user-friendly design, this fifth edition compliments the syllabus and assists with exam preparation. It's an essential companion for anyone enrolling on the RYA Yachtmaster course, whether for sail or power.
The late Alison Noice was a Yachtmaster Instructor and Examiner, and ran Yachtmaster and Day Skipper shorebased courses at her local yacht club.
Roger Seymour worked closely with Alison for many years, and is Hamble School of Yachting's senior instructor and lead boat skipper, as well as advising World Cruising Club members embarking on Atlantic crossings and other international rallies.