The Surprise Restaurant Manager (Paperback)
Steady money and new opportunities awaited as you moved up from server or bartender to front-of-house manager. But too often, restaurant management find themselves leading with minimal training, a ton of responsibilities, and no clue how to improve. You've run the Friday night rush, you've juggled expectations of staff and guests-but have you figured out how to improve while keeping the business profitable?
In The Surprise Restaurant Manager, learn from Ken McGarrie, a restaurant operator who has helped launched dozens of successful restaurants, as he gives you the power to master the unexpected challenges managers face every day. Get help on the fly with real-life examples, straightforward strategies, and expert insight to better leadership development. This is your guide to restaurant industry success beyond standard food knowledge and inventory counts.
- How to locate quality candidates and interview effectively, including eight signs you shouldn't extend an offer-from subtle clues to outright red flags.
- Tips on ways to support your staff during challenging situations and how to use genuine suggestions to develop more effective hospitality skills.
- Common communication mistakes that guarantee FOH turnover and increase work stress-and how to avoid them.
- Proven steps to upgrade your table touch and salvage every negative guest experience, including guaranteed methods to start improving your restaurant's online reviews.
- How to embrace blunt criticism, work effectively with strong personalities, and avoid professional burnout.
Success as a restaurant manager is a constant quest to level up your game and your team-without sacrificing your service, sales or sanity along the way. Read The Surprise Restaurant Manager now for the advice you needed-before you got the keys