Inkscape by Example: A project-based guide to exploring the endless features of Inkscape and upgrading your skills (Paperback)
Explore and implement the capabilities of Inkscape through a variety of projects and get the hang of all the tasks a vector designer should do without having to pay a dime
- Learn Inkscape by building end-to-end projects
- Embrace the power of Inkscape and other open source tools to build professional projects
- Use the Inkscape software at a professional level in your everyday tasks as an artist
Growing into its final form after years of development, Inkscape now rivals industry leaders like Illustrator and CorelDraw - this versatile free vector graphics editor program has all the capabilities of paid software and is ready for professional use. While there are plenty of resources for beginners, this book will enable you to uncover the full potential of the tool through sample projects and tutorials. With Inkscape by Example, you'll understand how this one-stop solution helps vector designers meet all their requirements.
Starting with an introduction to the new tools and features of Inkscape 1.0, you'll master the software by working through a chain of real-world projects. The book will guide you through creating an icon set and understanding modularity in vector design. As you advance, you'll draw a detailed illustration every client is looking for and learn about photo editing and creating a logo in Inkscape, combining all of these into one single web design project. Finally, you'll discover tips for working faster with SVG and XML and using Inkscape with other free tools to reach maximum workflow and creativity.
By the end of this Inkscape book, you'll have developed the skills to create your own solutions for any project confidently.
What You Will Learn:
- Create your own professional solutions following the project blueprints in this book
- Integrate Inkscape and other free design programs in a professional workflow efficiently
- Use Inkscape for more than illustration - design a logo, edit photos, and even design websites in vector
- Get to grips with troubleshooting, export the proper format, and find and correct errors in vector files
- Gain no-fluff practical knowledge of the tools in Inkscape and vector design methods
- Broaden your understanding of the fundamentals of vector designing
Who this book is for:
This book showcases several projects suitable for graphic designers, UI designers, illustrators, art directors, digital artists, and other creative professionals looking to elevate their Inkscape skills. Basic knowledge of Inkscape, along with a base in graphic design, is expected.