Autodesk Civil 3D 2019: Fundamentals for Surveyors (Imperial Units): Autodesk Authorized Publisher (Paperback)
This in-depth Autodesk(R) Civil 3D(R) 2019: Fundamentals for Surveyors guide is for surveyors and survey technicians that do not necessarily need all of the functionality that is taught in the Autodesk Civil 3D: Fundamentals guide. This guide equips the surveyor with the basic knowledge required to use the Autodesk Civil 3D software efficiently in a typical daily workflow. You will learn how to import the converted field equipment survey data into a standardized environment in Autodesk Civil 3D and to use the automation tools to create an Existing Condition Plan. Data collection, and traverses are also covered. Other topics that help in increasing efficiency include styles, correct AutoCAD(R) drafting techniques, the methodology required to create linework effectively for variables used in defining symbology, surfaces, categorizing points, and importing imagery.
- The Autodesk Civil 3D Interface
- The Planning and Analysis workspace
- Points overview and styles
- Importing points and coordinate transformations
- Creating points and drafting
- Point groups, grips, and reports
- Point security and editing
- Introduction to data collection in the field
- Introduction to Civil 3D Survey and automated linework
- Survey networks
- Coordinate Geometry Editor for entering traverse information or legal descriptions
- Surface overview
- Surface editing
- Surface labels and analysis
- Point clouds and creating a surface from point cloud data
- Access to the 2019 version of the software. The practices and files included with this guide might not be compatible with prior versions.
- Previous experience with the AutoCAD software and a basic understanding of the Surveying profession is recommended.