Hidden hurts are often the most serious, most painful, and most lingering problems in our lives. These are very real spiritual scars we try to forget or ignore, damaged emotions we pretend are okay, inner consequences of past sins we try to keep secret or concealed. But, just like a broken bone that causes pain and swelling beneath the skin, or, worse yet, like a hidden, cancerous tumor that grows and metastasizes, hid-den hurts can cause deep damage to every part of our lives.
Healing Your Hidden Hurts is a scriptural examination of some of the deepest pains we all feel, hurts such as:
- Fears that cripple and consume us
- Anger that damages relationships with people we cherish
- Grief that holds us in its grip and robs us of joy
- Worry that dominates our thoughts and strangles our faith
- Loneliness that makes us feel abandoned and for-gotten
- Guilt that chains us to the sins of our past
As we examine God's Word concerning each of these areas of pain, we will discover that God offers us healing, grace, and release.