A Princess' Guide to the Alphabet: A Fantasy-Themed ABC Book (Hardcover)
Two princess sisters engage in fantasy scenarios for each letter of the Alphabet.
"D is for dancing dragons," Lillian declared.
Zoe drenched diamond duchesses.
Filled with such fairy-tale favorites as dragons, elves, fairies, mermaids, and unicorns, this book provides an entertaining way to introduce the letters of the alphabet, identify their sounds, build vocabulary, and discuss other language arts skills.
It is a well-known fact that not all princesses are the same. While Lillian is a gentle, daydreamy Navajo one, little sister Zoe is of the rough-n-tumble warrior variety. As the day progresses, their perspectives produce distance, conflict, and unity.
Great for Educators
This book teaches children much more than the A-B-Cs.
In addition to letter and sound recognition that includes multiple vowel sounds, this book can be used to teach:
- Alliteration (Zoe magnetized moon mermaids.)
- Characters and Personalities (How are Lillian and Zoe different and alike?)
- Dialogue Tags and Punctuation ("A is for awkward aerial acrobats," announced Lillian.)
- Grammar (nouns, verbs, and adjectives)
- Vocabulary (aerial, frolicked, quelled...)
- Active Voice: vs. Passive Voice (Zoe drenched... vs. "D is for...")
Learning Activities included in the back of the book.
Go to heart-soul-mind.org to download free detailed lesson plans.