Hello, Dear Readers, We at Bookworks continue to be concerned about the rising case numbers and community spread of Covid-19 in Bernalillo County, New Mexico, and our country at large. With the announcement of Governor Lujan Grisham’s Stay at Home orders for New Mexico, and the echo of the same across the country, our store remains closed for browsing, as it has been since March. We are pandemic-era “business as usual” -offering online shopping on our website at bkwrks.com, and phone, and email ordering are also available, if needed.
Our curbside business is run by our store family, Danielle and Wyatt with “an occasional baby helper” little Cooper. Please be patient as we processs your orders. We’re fortunate that they are plentiful (though more is always better!), and we are doing the work as quickly as possible.
For safety and speed, ordering online for shipping directly to your home or to someone you are gifting is the absolute best practice for our business and to keep everyone healthy. Please shop online at bkwrks.com and enjoy free shipping on orders of $40 or more with the coupon code FREESHIP40, through November 30.
You can also call us at 505-344-8139 during our curbside hours Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday from 10 a.m.-2 p.m. and Wednesday from 2-6 p.m. If you would prepay for your books on the website or over the phone before coming to pick them up, that would greatly help to reduce back-ups during our congested curbside hours.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org regarding your orders—to place an order, track one, or check in on something special. Also, please check your spam/junk folders for emails from us regarding updates on your orders.
Please sign up for our email list for updates as we weather this pandemic together! Remember to order early for the holidays to avoid anticipated delays in the publishing industry that could affect your holiday gift plans. We are already seeing shortages in print runs and pandemic- related issues with shipping.
Thank you so much for your outpouring of support and orders as we approach our usually busiest time of the year. We know budgets are tight, and we appreciate your patronage of our 36-year-old local business—every single order counts for us! Please shop local now, so you CAN shop local later. Wishing you all the best reading and health for November and the upcoming holidays—Wyatt & Danielle,Cooper and the Bookworks crew
P.S.—Here are the answers to some questions you’ve been asking:
- When shopping online at https://www.bkwrks.com/ log in by going to Cart, then My Account, when you’re coming back to shop, and this should prevent you from having to re-enter all your information every time you place an order.
- If you’ve called an order in (rather than shopping online), please give us a call and pre-pay by phone before your arrival for curbside pick-up. Calling in with a credit card works best for us, and it makes curbside pickup quick and safe.
- Holiday cards: This was a tough call, but we simply can’t afford the cash outlay to have them in stock this year. Pennysmiths, at the end of our shopping plaza, is going to look into carrying some of the lines you love and have bought from us before. Here’s a link to Pennysmith’s cards: https://www.pennysmiths.com. Like us, they are a small, local, independent business that has been around for as long as we have, so you can feel good about supporting them too.
- And don’t forget to check out Bookworks’ superbly curated virtual author events. Here’s the link to the virtual events calendar: https://www.bkwrks.com/event
- We are ready to gift wrap your orders for the holidays. Please let us know you’d like gift wrapping in the comment field of your order.
Thank you and be well!