Thank you all for your continued support. Your kind words get us through the long hard days and your orders show us you’re committed to shopping local and keeping us in business. We can’t thank you enough.
We wanted to review our current services and let you know our future plans, to the extent that we can plan ahead. There is still so much uncertainty. We’re watching things closely and doing our best to serve you in the safest way possible.
- We will continue with Direct-To-Home shipping and curbside pick-up. No browsing inside the shop at this time. We won’t carry newspapers while the storefront is closed.
- Curbside hours are Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday from 10 a.m.-2 p.m. and Wednesday from 2-6 p.m.
- The best way to reach us with questions and orders is by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, but you can also reach us at the shop during curbside hours at 505-344-8139. Please call during curbside hours, as we’re not able to respond to voicemails at this time.
- Please continue to place your orders on our website Bkwrks.com. If you need to place orders on the phone or by email, we are requesting pre-payment, credit card preferred. We can arrange to accept checks and cash (exact change is preferred on cash payments).
- Since March, we have provided you with $10 thousand in free shipping. We’ve been happy to do these promotions, however, at this time, we need to discontinue free shipping for Direct-To-Home orders. Serving you and staying in business, so we can continue to serve you, is a delicate balancing act these days, and we hope you understand.
- We are currently planning an inventory strategy for Fall 2020, no easy matter with many uncertainties. Some of you have already placed calendar order for shipment to your homes. We will have CALENDARS coming into the shop in mid-September. In addition to those who order for direct shipping or for pick-up during curbside hours, we will also display calendars in the windows for you to browse. Please wear a mask and practice social distancing. As noted, you can purchase most calendars on our website, or give us a call during curbside hours and we can ring up your purchase at that time (again, credit card preferred, but check or exact change in cash work too).
- As usual, we will be carrying HOLIDAY CARDS this year. However, the uncertainties we’re dealing with this year are not usual, so we’re working out what level we can order at and what availability looks like from our venders. Cards will start arriving in late September, and we’ll send more information about them closer to that time.
- Please plan on ordering your HOLIDAY GIFT TITLES early. We’re expecting many titles to be on backorder as the holidays approach, and possible shipping delays. We can ship to you, and your friends and family, directly from our distributor or from the shop depending on stock levels. Please help us help you get gifts for the special people in your life by planning ahead as much as possible.
- We expect to expand curbside pick-up hours in the near future (depending on public health information, of course). We feel this is the safest next step for the Bookworks community – our family, our booksellers, and you!
- We are hopeful that the number of positive cases of COVID-19 will continue to decline, and as they do, we can start to bring our booksellers back to prepare for those expanded curbside hours, and eventually, in store browsing with limits on the number of people in the shop, social distancing, and of course, wearing masks.
Stay tuned – we’ll keep you updated as we make changes. Two things that won’t ever change is our commitment to serving you, and doing so safely, and our gratitude for your support of Bookworks and being part of our community.
Sign up for our enewsletter here. We will be sending email blasts with suggestions for both adults and kids. Please stay tuned to our social media, especially our Facebook page and @BookworksABQ on Instgram to see what kind of virtual events and staff recommendations we have for you.
Danielle Foster & Wyatt Wegrzyn, owners