The Land of Enchantment Book Award is designed to encourage the youth of New Mexico to read outstanding books of literary quality. A committee sponsored by the New Mexico Library Association and the New Mexico Literacy Association selects four lists of books– Roadrunners (Grades K-3), Coyotes ( Grades 3-5), Lizards (Grades 6-8) and Black Bears (Grades 9-12). In April, New Mexico youth who have read at least three books from one of these lists vote on their favorite.
Coyotes ( Grades 3-5)
- Miguel’s Brave Knight: Young Cervantes and His Dream of Don Quixote by Margarita Engle, ill. by Raul Colon
- Front Desk by Kelly Yang
- Inkling by Kenneth Oppel, ill. by Sydney Smith
- Dazzle Ships: World War I and the Art of Confusion by Chris Barton, ill. by Victo Ngai
- The Wild Robot by Peter Brown
- The Collectors by Jacqueline West
- The Crossroads by Alexandra Diaz
- Solving for M by Jennifer Swender
- The Nameless City by Faith Erin Hicks, color by Jordie Bellaire
- Fish Girl by Donna Jo Napoli & David Wiesner
Email or call for price.