The Land of Enchantment Book Award is designed to encourage the youth of New Mexico to read outstanding books of literary quality. A committee sponsored by the New Mexico Library Association and the New Mexico Literacy Association selects four lists of books– Roadrunners (Grades K-3), Coyotes ( Grades 3-5), Lizards (Grades 6-8) and Black Bears (Grades 9-12). In April, New Mexico youth who have read at least three books from one of these lists vote on their favorite.
Roadrunner (Grades K-3)
- Ada Twist: Scientist by Andrea Beaty, ill. by David Roberts
- Thank You, Omu! by Oge Mora
- Islandborn by Junot Díaz, ill. by Leo Espinosa
- The Rabbit Listened by Cori Doerrfeld
- We Are Grateful: Otsaliheliga by Traci Sorrell, ill. by Frane Lessac
- Super Manny Stands Up by Kelly DiPucchio, ill. by Stephanie Graegin
- Planting Stories: The Life of Librarian and Storyteller Pura Belpré by Anika Aldamuy Denise, ill. by Paola Escobar
- Write to Me: Letters from Japanese American Children to the Librarian They Left Behind by Cynthia Grady, ill. by Amiko Hirao
- Ocean Meets Sky by Terry and Eric Fan
- Seashells: More Than a Home by Melissa Stewart, ill. by Sarah S. Brannen
Email or call for price.